03 May 5 Authentic Mexican Recipes with a Tropical Twist!
Cinco de Mayo is this weekend and we’re ready to celebrate by paying homage to some of our favorite traditional Mexican recipes. Did you know that Cinco de Mayo celebrates the victory of the Mexican Army versus the French at the Battle of Puebla in 1862? Though people often confuse it for Mexico’s Independence Day, Mexico actually declared its independence September 16, 1810, fifty years earlier. Check out our recipes below!
1. Authentic Tacos Al Pastor with Sweet Plantain Tidbits
2. Pescado Ranchero with Mexican Rice and Sweet Plantain Slices
3. Enchiladas with a side of Rice, Beans, and Sweet Plantain Slices
4. Mexican Torta with Yuca Fries
5. Hawaiian Toston Sopes with Sweet Plantain Tidbits
If you decide to try your hand at one of these delicious recipes, make sure to tag us (@micfood) on Instagram or Facebook so we can see what you came up with!
Ready to try Big Banana® by MIC Food? Contact our sales team and request samples today! Or Ask Our Chef about how you can incorporate plantains into your menu!
Related Articles: Bananas vs Plantains: What’s the Difference?, Plantain 101: What is a Plantain?, Big Banana® by MIC Food